About Dr. David Vastola
Dr. Vastola received his medical training at Midwestern University (formerly Chicago College of Osteopathic Medical School) graduating second in his class with all post graduate training M.D. He passed his M.D. boards and is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Following his Gastroenterology Fellowship he was accepted at the Mayo Clinic for three years to train in G. I. Immunology which he accepted then turned down at the last minute, because he was offered the Chief of Gastroenterology at the Deaconess Hospital.
Dr. Vastola uses nutritional supplements along with standard medical therapies to treat patients. For five years he has taught nutritional therapies at Palm Beach Atlantic University in the Department of Pharmacy which has recognized his interest and expertise in using them.
- Born – Buffalo, NY. Married, 5 Children
- Undergraduate- University of Buffalo, Major – Psychology, Minor – Chemistry
- Medical School – Midwestern University, Graduated 2nd in class
- Residency and Fellowship – University of Buffalo in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Accepted Position at Mayo Clinic, but became Chief of Gastroenterology Deaconess Hospital, Buffalo.
- Board Certified through AMA Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Elected to University of Buffalo Admissions Committee and served one-year.
- National Medical Honor Medical Society and served secretary/treasurer
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Med. for five years and taught for five years in the School of Medicine and Pharmacy.
- Practiced Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology since 1978.
- Medical Broadcasting – WJNO Radio West Palm Beach, FL from 1982 to 2006; FOX Television 10:00 p.m. news Monday through Friday for eight years.
- Many Articles written about Dr. Vastola including Miami Herald, Palm Beach Post, N.Y. Times, CNN (LIVE), Wall Street Journal, including many medical journals.
- Dr. Vastola has, since 2005, been teaching Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Immunology and Nutritional studies part-time at Palm Beach Atlantic University in the School of Pharmacy.
- Fountain of Youth: Nutritional Therapies – Published by Carrel Books (July 7, 2015)
- Secrets of the Morning Report – in progress; watch for announcements of completion